Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 8 not downloading

Solved!

Windows 8 not downloading

When I want to install Spotify on Windows 8 it says

Its not possible to download spotify we'll try again in 10, 9, etc.

And then it says:

the instalationprogram can't connect with the internet, but my internet is fine!

Specs:

Win8

6,00 gig ram

64 bit OS

no touchscreen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@b_mike_g wrote:

Same here with me. Im running windows 8 and i am getting the same error message.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

This could be an issue caused by the default Spotify installer, since it is basic and downloads the extra files it needs. Try downloading the full installer from this link and see if that works for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey there, that's odd!

Do you tried to run an installer in compatibility mode (run as administrator in Winfows 7 mode)?

Let me know how that works for you!

It doesn't work for me. 

it's not downloading.

Same here with me. Im running windows 8 and i am getting the same error message.

Marked as solution

@b_mike_g wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

This could be an issue caused by the default Spotify installer, since it is basic and downloads the extra files it needs. Try downloading the full installer from this link and see if that works for you. 

Peter

Peter

thank you very much! It worked!:D

i had spotify on my wondows 8 comp at the beginning and then it started glitching really bad. so i completely uninstalled the program. soon as i found out it was compatible with windows 8 i tried to redownload it and i keep getting error code 17 that spotify could not be started. I've tried other 'solutions' that were given to other users but none of them have helped. i really miss spotify so i would like to know whats going on and what i can so to fix it.

@kstolarz wrote:

i had spotify on my wondows 8 comp at the beginning and then it started glitching really bad. so i completely uninstalled the program. soon as i found out it was compatible with windows 8 i tried to redownload it and i keep getting error code 17 that spotify could not be started. I've tried other 'solutions' that were given to other users but none of them have helped. i really miss spotify so i would like to know whats going on and what i can so to fix it.

If you're getting error code 17, take a look at this thread where a solution has been offered: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-could-not-be-started-error-17/td-p/72511

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Just got the new Surface RT w/ Windows 8 and when i try to run the download for Spotify, it hives me a error of "Cannot run ap on this PC", "please search ap store"....

Any way around this?  Does Spotify not have an ap in the Windows store yet or is not compatible with windows 8?

I'm afraid there is no spotify client for the RT and the web player won't work on the latest IE version either. Do add your kudos to this idea.

After downloading the link, I tried to logg on, but the launcher just went on loading..

Do you eventually get an error if you leave it running for a bit? 

Peter

Peter

I'm having a similar problem but I don't even get an error message.  The downloader just takes me to the Desktop view and nothing happens.  Ever.

Try downloading directly from the link below from desktop view (since internet explorer in metro mode doesn't seem to play ball for me):

http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter

Hello

When i try to install on windows 8 nothing comes up , the page just remains the same and i dont get any error messages. When i tried your link it worked but then told me that i needed to seach the store for an app to open it. What can i do?

That is weird, is it possible to get a screenshot of the error?

Peter

Thank you so much for the link! Spent ages trying to install and that work right away!

the message keeps popping up after i click your link and it says spotify is already running but not responding try again. then i delete anything that has t do with spotify and try again and the message just kepps on popping up. 

This link does not work for me, I'm on a Windows 10 and the issue is happening to me aswell.

Suggested posts