This is in regards to the Spotify Windows Desktop Application.
I had previously set my Spotify cache to 10GB when the setting was available from within the application. I since decided that 10GB was a little big for my cache. Since the current Spotify version does not have that internal application setting, I had to edit a file.
To limit the Spotify cache size:
1. Download and install Notepad++ or use some similar code editing program. Opening in Microsoft Notepad will result in a fancy mess.
2. Close Spotify.
3. Open Explorer and paste the following into the address bar.
4. Open the file named "prefs" with your code editor.
5. Change the numeric value following "storage.size=" . This value represents megabytes. One gigabyte equals 1024 megabytes.
6. Save the file.
7. Start Spotify.
8. The cache should be reduced; not exceeding the size that you entered.
9. To verify, check the size of the "Data" folder in the following directory:
I hope this helped.