Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

Hello guys!

Very sorry for the delay on updating this thread. We are still looking in to this. We picked randomly a few users from this thread and we are looking in to it deeper, to check exactly where the problems starts: spotify and/or facebook.

Thanks so much for being that patient...we know how frustrating is this but we really have not forgotten about you guys.

I will keep you posted and as soon as we get news about it.

🙂

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

Some new information maybe?

I was looking through my Facebook activity log for Spotify and it's very sparse for the whole of 2012 compared to 2011. All plays in Spotify are still being logged, but the cumulative statistics like Top Songs, Top Artists, Top Playlists are no longer being calculated. While looking at this I tried clicking on the link that says "Go to Spotify"...

FB1.PNG

When I clicked on that link this is what I got...

FB2.PNG

Strange no?

Could this be a part of the problem? Maybe Facebook thinks, wrongly, that some of us are in a location where Spotify hasn't launched? I am in Sweden. As far as I know Facebook thinks I'm in Sweden and I checked my Geolocation and that also thinks I'm in Sweden. So, I don't know why Facebook thinks that Spotify hasn't launched in Europe, but I'm wondering if this is part of the problem?

Steve - Very weird. Just tried to replicate that here, but didn't get that link. Maybe it's just an outdated link? What happens if you search for "Spotify" in the search bar and select the App from there? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello Steve!

That is very odd...I am gona private message you in order to ask you for your fbook details since we want to check with Facebook about this issue and investigate it further...

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences, 

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Hi Rocio,

I've now replied to your PM with the details you asked for.

/Steve

Ok, as I appreciate this isn't a solution, it is a good workaround for those of you who want to countinue sharing top artists etc on your timelines.

1. create a last.fm account if you haven't already - www.last.fm/join

2. link your spotify account to your last.fm account -  Edit > Preferences > Check 'scrobble to last.fm' box and enter last.fm username and password

3. install the app https://apps.facebook.com/lastfm-og-scrobbler/

4. open the app and enter your last.fm username and password (link in the top right corner of the page)

5. on your Timeline where you have the boxes that say 'Photos' 'Friends' etc click the little down arrow (under the activity log button) and swap your 'Spotify' or 'Music' box for your new 'last.fm scrobbler' box. 

Any music you listen to from here on out on spotify will be displayed here. But even better! Download the last.fm app on your phone and laptop etc and last.fm supports scrobbling for many different media players, which means wherever you play music it will be displayed on your FB timeline, including music you listen to on your ipod or mp3 player.

Who needs Spotify? 😛

link your spotify account to 

I am having the same probem with spotify not showing my activity on my timeline. When I click on the spotify app I don't have an option for spotify to show my on my timeline...Can you please help me I have tried everything that was suggested in this thread:D.

Yes please, solve it.

Interestingly enough the last.fm scrobbler is not working correctly for me either now.

It's only displaying the last 8 tracks I listen to whereas it is supposed to work similar to spotify, displaying cumulative activity of the music you listen to.

Perhaps this shows that its Facebooks 'Music' service where the error lies and not spotifys fault.

Hello folks!

We have been investigating this since the very first post....we havent said much since we wanted to be very sure and check as many cases as possible before.

After looking further some of your cases and from our end, we are sending the right listening information to FB. You guys can find that information in your Activity Log (accessible via the button underneath your cover photo). 

FB controls how much of that information is shown to a user's friend network and how often that information displays on their timeline. 

We want you to know that we are continually working with them to show the most relevant information to them and the friends on FB and there will be improvements to that rolling out in the new year.

In the meantime, we are also improving the social experience within our Spotify apps in the coming year. 

I hope this help and please, come back to us if you still experience some problems with it.

Thanks for being there! 😉

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Thanks, Rocio. I'm sure we can all appreciate the complexity of the issue, especially when it appears to be stemming from not your side, but Facebook's.  Look forward to the updates in the New Year, and hopefully they will entice me to continue my subscription and finally resolve this issue. In the meantime Spotify still provides excellent music straight to my earholes!

Well Rocio, just like you I have been following this thread since the very first post. But unlike you I seem to grasp what the actual problem is that people are having.

I wasn't going to mingle in this thread as it's only a minor grievance and I expected you guys to have solved it soon enough. But the lack of support is appalling, and infuriating. When someone joins this thread with a completely unrelated problem you support folks almost tumble over each other to help him out, but on the problem that people have complained about for 30 pages, ... not a peep.

The problem is NOT "how much of that information is shown to a user's friend network and how often that information displays on their timeline." We Know that that is up to facebook!!!

The problem is also NOT that we cannot find the "listening information" on our activity log. We know how facebook works!!!

So thank you for treating us like utter idiots!!!

The problem is that the MUSIC and SPOTIFY pages that used to hold details on the: top artists, top playlists, top albums, tops songs and so forth are now mostly empty. And that the Recent activity block on our own timeline now displays information that is at leat two weeks old.

But you manage to dodge those topics carfully in your reply and instead talk about upcomming improvements. Improvements in my humble opinion means that you will make things better or give us something new that wasn't there before, but what you meant to say is that you are going to FIX things that used to work in the past but don't work anymore. But again you carefully avoid using the word fix, just like you carefully avoid the real problem.

SERIOUSLY GUYS!!!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW OR NEVER! I WANT ADVERTISE TO MY FOLKS REALLY UNDERGROUND MUSIC I LISTEN 24/7!!!

ARE YOU UNABLE TO FIX THIS OR WHAT?

Hi profunfiz, thank you so much for clearing the real issue out here, it cant be better than this to understand. I've been following this topic for months (l3ibii my other community account, i have no access on it anymore). Indeed there are a lot of avoiding and i notice they help people which can be helped by other topic-users (just to show that they are 'trying' to show that they are helping)

Hi @Hpguru, this is l3ibii. I've had some serious problems with my spotify account(s). I wont be able to go on my main spotify account anymore, because i have submit/linked an unknown hotmail account (MSN), by mistake, to my facebook account. Soon i'll link this account to my main facebook account. RIP main spotify account...

Rocio,

You can do better than that. This is a problem with more than one user in the interface between Facebook and Spotify. Therefore it make far more sense for Spotify to deal with it with Facebook rather than each individual user trying to do so with Facebook (especially as getting in touch with Facebook directly is pretty tough).

Show us you care, please. Don't wash your hands of it.

I agree. Someone at Spotify needs to talk to someone at Facebook to get this fixed.

I for one only started paying for Spotify because Facebook allowed me to share my music easily and also catalogue what I was listenting to by date. Without this, I wonder what Spotify really offers over another service like Grooveshark.

Hey there, works now!!!

At least for me, don't know however for how long!!!

Worked for hours now nonstop!!!

I hope this is changed forever to work!!!

Stil nothing here, and it counts only my last 8 numbers (option "listened to"). Happy New Year, anyway!

I'm also only getting the last 8 songs I've listened to on my Music page. I guess it's progress?

Worked for good 8 hours and then stopped. 😞

Suggested posts