Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't shuffle albums

Solved!

Won't shuffle albums

Good Morning, 

I'm having an issue where i have shuffle selected and it shuffles just fine the playlists i've created. 

But everytime i go to ANY album. Playing Biffy Clyro's Opposoties right now and it only plays that album from top to bottom, doesn't go to any other album they have in there. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can shuffle in the desktop client, just select what playlist/album/artist you want to listen to then activate the shuffle button in the bottom right corner of the client. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

This is a "feature" of the new client, it should play the first album completely shuffled and then move onto the next one rather than just shuffling all of the tracks on an artist page. 

There is an open ideas topic here which suggests this be returned to the way it used to be if you want to add your support there. 

Peter

Peter

Can that be disabled? 

And thank you for the welcome kind sir 🙂 

@Yaxxm wrote:

Can that be disabled? 

Unfortunately not 😞 

Peter

Peter

I just ran across this thread.  what a horrilbe idea it was to introduce this new 'feature.'  What were they thinking?

agree with other posters -- I just moved to Premium - hadn't realized this problem before -- I think I'll leave Premium -- can't imagine why anyone thought this was a good feature, especially without the option to disable it

Are you talking about the mobile client? I'm not a premium user (yet), but I was just wondering why I can shuffle songs on the mobile client, but not on the desktop client. I could always rig something up, but you'd think with the mobile client being limited the desktop client would have the same functionality.

Marked as solution

You can shuffle in the desktop client, just select what playlist/album/artist you want to listen to then activate the shuffle button in the bottom right corner of the client. 

Peter

Well smack me silly, I didn't even notice that. Thanks

Suggested posts