Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your country does not match the one set in your profile.

Solved!

Your country does not match the one set in your profile.

I am getting the message "Your country does not match the one set in your profile." even though I haven't gone anywhere from where I set my profile.

Any geolocators I can find online point to me being in the United States, and I am unable to change my country on the Spotify website to anything but the US.

I do use a VPN for other reasons, but if both me and the VPN are located in the US, this shouldn't be a problem right?

I only get this when using the Windows client.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you get the same error using the web player?: https://play.spotify.com/

Is also worth trying to sign in on another computer and see if that makes any difference. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Excellent, thank you so much.

The web player worked and reset my timer, so I was able to access the Windows app again.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

have you tried reinstalling the Client?

I have tried that, no luck.

have you checked under your Account settings to see if anything has changed there/

My account settings definitely have USA listed as my country.

i hv the exact problem which in HK. Then i found that the browser it poped up was logged in as my Facebook account. And you have to log out the current login then re-login as your spotify id. Hope this is the answer for you.

Thanks, but I never linked up my Facebook to Spotify, I always try to keep my social networking separate.

Marked as solution

Do you get the same error using the web player?: https://play.spotify.com/

Is also worth trying to sign in on another computer and see if that makes any difference. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Excellent, thank you so much.

The web player worked and reset my timer, so I was able to access the Windows app again.

Thanks again!

Thanks login in through the web client resolves the problem on the Win app

Hello everyone. I have the same error (using Mac). I reinstalled client but the error persists. I have tried online player but I get endless loader.

On my profile page (overview) my country listed is Chile but on my profile (edit country) it shows Spain. I have tried to change to Chile and to Spain to see if it makes any difference but nothing.

Any ideas? email for tech support from Spotify?

Thanks 

Which country does your IP address locate to?
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

I've created a Spotify account with my Facebook account. It says: Your country does not match the one set in your profile.

But when I try to login into the webplayer of Spotify I can't login with my Facebook account.

Onto my mobile device I can't login as well. I have tried to change the language in Facebook as I'm original a Dutchmen located in the UK.

My account was created in the UK, so I don't get it. What can be the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

logging into web player did the trick for me...thanks a lot!

Help i have tried the internet version too if i try to set my country it only says usa but i live in estonia. PLEASE help me i live in estonia please i beg you

Thx, I got the same problem. And your solution definitely worked it out.

No. I dont want to sign in with the web player. I want to use the program. So wanna fix that?

Thank You! This worked for me.

Suggested posts