can't add songs to playlist?

Solved!

can't add songs to playlist?

Music Lover
‎2012-06-25 10:16 PM

My friend told me to subscribe to her playlist so I can add songs to it a few months ago. So I did and it worked I added songs to the playlist, but now that I try and add more songs it won't let me. I can't add any songs to it and I'm still subscribed to it and it worked earlier. Please help! Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't add songs to playlist?

Music Lover
‎2015-04-05 05:42 PM

Workaround: Make a new playlist, add the song there, then drag it from the new to the old playlist. This is at least worked for me. 

Music Lover
‎2015-06-24 11:53 PM

Hey guys, no idea if this will help you, but I had the same problem just now: couldn't add songs to my existing playlist, nowhere near the song limit, etc. I logged out and back in, and now it's letting me add songs again.

Edited
Music Lover
‎2015-09-01 07:11 PM

Try playing the song you want to add, then select the playlist you're adding to; you should be able to drag from the album art directly over to the list of songs.

21 Replies

Music Lover
‎2012-06-28 02:42 AM

anyone know how to fix this?

Music Fan
‎2013-02-03 05:26 PM

I don't know how to fix it, but I wanted to say I have been experiencing the same problem since I "UPGRADED" to the new version. It appears to happen when I'm on an artist's page, but if I search for a song I can add it from the search page. Although that's a fix, it's BS and spotify needs to get it's crap together. Adding songs to playlists is one of the main reasons people use spotify over other streaming sites. 

Top Star
‎2013-02-03 05:31 PM

Hey!

That is a bug and Spotify is aware of it. You can check it here. Kinda annoying, hope they fix it soon!

Anyways, you dont have to search for the song, just right click it and click on "Add to".

Ideas guardian - Modern Rock Playlist

Concert Regular
‎2013-03-15 07:23 PM

Thanks!  I was totally going crazy over this and had no clue.

Music Fan
‎2014-04-05 01:30 PM

Cheese

Gig Goer
‎2014-04-25 04:05 PM

Even when I do the right click adding option, the songs just disappear if I ever close the app.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Community Legend
‎2014-04-25 04:24 PM
Are you adding to a playlist or Your Music?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
‎2014-09-18 05:25 PM

While not the original poster, I am experiencing this - not being able to add songs to playlists.  I am not adding to "my music" I am adding to a valid playlist which is public and has a few followers.  Is there a size limit or other issue?  I am right clicking and using "add to"...Please help my followers are growing and I want to keep them.

Top Star
‎2014-09-18 10:06 PM

There is a track limit to 10,000 tracks per playlist. Have you by chance gotten close to that yet. The playlist should already list the total track count at the top bar panel with your user name and everything.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
| Last.fm | Message Me | Twitter | Follow Me |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

SUGGESTED POSTS