Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code 13

Solved!

error code 13

I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 13) I've tried everything I know how to do, apparently it's a Protocol issue, but I don't know. Someone help?

61 Replies

That box is marked already and cannot be unmarked. I still can't remove it tho. 

What happens if you rught-click the installer and run as administrator?

It tells me not to use it as an admin. 

Does your system have any group policy's active? 

I have seen other reports of group policy's preventing accounts making changes in the %appdata% folders.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I didnt setup any. I'm using the systems only account. (Admin)

What operating system is this on @Zombay ?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Windows 7. 

Could you post a screenshot of what shows when you right click on the install file and select "run as administrator" please.

Spoiler
Admin

Still don't know what to do. The image is above. 

Konntest du dein Problem jetzt lösen??? 

Spoiler
;D

I don't have any of these files, and I still get an error 13 when I try to install Spotify (regardless of whether I use the Setup or the Installer file referenced here); I also get the "please use a normal account" message when I try to run either file as an administrator.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro.

What can I try next??

I too have tried all of the above suggestions and have had the same problems.

Running Windows 7

Got the solution by lookong at posts under Error Codes 11 and 13

the installer from peter's link worded for me, when others were giving the code 13 error.

( download in crome them go to properties & unblcok because of the "came from another computer " warnign.

waht's the difference betweeen this one & the one called spotifysetup.exe that I hads saved from before ?

NB I had to uninstall/reiastall AGAN today because after waking the PC from sleep, spotify had reverted to failing to load all of browse / radio/ follow/ saved albums/ saved artists/. I could playu stuff but I could not browse artists. or search properly

I only have the issue on this one PC. I have just removed spotimote in case that was the culprit, thouh I suspect a dodgy instance of spotify web helper exe is more likely to belame. if the problem re-coccurs I weill try killing that process before ogin throuh the re-isntall hassle yet again!

Marked as solution

Whoever developped this application should be trained on proper programming. Run it in Windows XP compatibility mode and it will work fine. It might prompt you everytime you launch it, but until the Spotify CTO understands how to program Windows applications, that would be your only choice. Attached is a screen capture for the compatibility mode. If it disapears : - right click the Spotify icon and select Properties - Select the Compatibility tab - Click the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP (Service pack3) Good luck.

Capture.JPG

Thanks Peter, worked like a charm!

This just fixed my problem.  Thanks!

Thank you Peter

This worked for me as well--been trying to figure this out for months.

Suggested posts