Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code 17

Solved!

error code 17

How to resolve your error code 17 on window 7, it been 2 and a half months and you still have not resolve this situation.

88 Replies

I tried to reload spotify, but it would not reload. What to do?

For "no sound" issues, go to the microsoft website and download the Microsoft Fix It application for sound issues. I know MS help is typically not very helpful, but in this case, it worked for me on a sound issue. Its likely your sound settings in control panel are pointing to the wrong device.

For the "not loading" issues, did you read the previous posts regarding installing in Safe Mode?

Worked fine for me 🙂

The way you told me to go into safemode did not work for me, so I googled around a little bit, then I found that you could search for msconfig enter it and hit safeboot, and choose mode. After you are done there you have to enter msconfig again to disable safemode, or else you will always auto boot into safemode.

I know the photo is in another language, but the places there is a square around is safe boot is the big square, and the small square is boot.

Here is the source to where I found this method:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1025648/how-to-get-into-safe-mode-p67-sabertooth

Safe boot.jpg

I tried everything listed on here and it STILL wont download..

@Malia98531 wrote:

I tried everything listed on here and it STILL wont download..

Try installing in windows safe mode: full instructions are here 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have WiFi for internet and the mode that i need to be in to download Spotify from what you are saying is not available..I NEVER had a prob lem downloading Spotify before on Wifi...Until this last update....I want my spotify back darn it.

Reboot into safe mode with networking. Your wifi and internet connection will work fine.

UNABLE TO GET SPOTIFY ANY MORE---DUE TO "ERROR CODE 17"- I CANCELLED SPOTIFY FROM MY COMPUTER THEN TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN BUT JUST GOT THE SAME MESSAGE AGAIN IE "ERROR CODE 17"---I SENT AN EMAIL CONCERNING THIS MATTER TO "SUPPORT @ SPOTIFY .COM"---I GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM GREG ON 27TH/OCT SAYING HE'D INCLUDED YOUR "SPOTIFY EXE SET UP FILE" AND TO LET HIM KNOW HOW I GOT ON-HOWEVER IT WAS OF NO AVAIL AND I JUST ENDED UP WITH THE USUAL "ERROR CODE 17" MESSAGE !!!

I RE-EMAILED HIM BACK SEVERAL TIMES TO LET HIM KNOW-BUT MY EMAILS JUST KEPT BEING RETURNED MARKED "DELIVERY TO RECIPIENT FAILED"

Marked as solution

@RAY-B - Maybe we can lend a hand. Can you try the steps in this post

Peter

I tried this and spotify installed and started in safe mode but when I rebooted normally it wouldn't work in normal

@time4sunshine wrote:

I tried this and spotify installed and started in safe mode but when I rebooted normally it wouldn't work in normal

What happens when you try to launch in normal mode?

Peter

I can´t soulw this problem...! Errorcode 17... in 3 weeks i have tried...soon Spotify have to pay me to listening to it:). Can anyone give me a link on my Facebookpage? Renee Simonsson, the site when I´m sailing:)? PLEASE::? I go banana...SOON!

@reneesimonsson Did you try the steps in this post?

I tried downloading Spotify in SAFE MODE and it lets you bring up Spotify but Spotify Radio won't work and the center section where new suggestions of new music usually appear is blacked out. 

Launching with the steps here will probably fix that:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...

Peter

Dear Lady, Sir: I am a member for several years , I enjoyed spotify. Sinds a week I do not get it anymore. I cleaned every thing but no sucses.  everyime :code 17. !  Can you help me?  regards  sieg pfeffer.

There is a pretty big post about Error 17 (and 53) here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Install-amp-Launch-Errors-Error-Code-53-E...

Peter

If I do so and I take the option "weergave in 256 clours" evrything works but all other programs are not seen as they should be: clear I mean

"SPOTIFY" IS A WASTE OF TIME---I GOT MESSAGE "ERROR CODE 17" FOR ALMOST A YEAR-THEN DUE

TO MY COMPUTER BEING SO SLOW BECAUSE OF VIRUS AND VARIOUS  BUGS-I HAD A COMPUTER

EXPERT CALL TO SEE ME AND HE SAID THE BEST THING TO DO WOULD BE TO CLOSE WINDOWS

DOWN COMPLETELY AND RESTART MY COMPUTER FROM SCRATCH-AFTER WHICH I WAS ABLE

TO GET "SPOTIFY" AGAIN !!!-BUT ONLY FOR ABOUT A WEEK AFTER THIS EACH TIME I WENT INTO

SPOTIFY AND PUNCHED IN A BAND OR SINGER I WANTED TO HEAR-INSTEAD OF A LIST OF NUMBERS

TO LISTEN TO-ALL I GOT WAS A BLANK SCREEN!!! {INITIALLY WHITE NOW A BLANK BLACK SCREEN}

I HAVE NOW FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE TO "SPOTIFY" BEING "GROOVESHARK" WITH THE ADDED
ADVANTAGE THAT UNLIKE "SPOTIFY" ALL AD'S ARE ONLY VISIBLE AND SO DON'T INTERFERE WITH 

LISTENING TO THE MUSIC---THEN OF COURSE ONE CAN ALWAYS LISTEN TO AND WATCH MUSIC

VIDEOS IN "YOU TUBE"

Thank you for the solution - worked perfectly.  I had been having the issue for a month, and this solution worked in 2 minutes.

Suggested posts