how to stop spotify loading autmattically on start up

how to stop spotify loading autmattically on start up

Music Lover
‎2013-04-05 11:25 AM

it's really slowing down my  elderly but still perfectly useable Dell laptop... would just like to CHOOSE when it loads of not. If anyone can point me to where I can change this setting I'd be v grateful!

6 Replies

Re: how to stop spotify loading autmattically on start up

Edited
Award Winning Artist
‎2013-04-05 11:29 AM

wildfoodie wrote:

it's really slowing down my  elderly but still perfectly useable Dell laptop... would just like to CHOOSE when it loads of not. If anyone can point me to where I can change this setting I'd be v grateful!

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

You can go to Edit>preferences, scroll down and click the selection of 'Don't open Automatically'

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Anthony   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Music Lover
‎2013-04-05 11:46 AM

Thanks for that! :-)

Music Lover
‎2013-04-05 02:06 PM

That's the answer I was looking for, too. However, I can not access my edit menu no matter what I try. I am running windows 7 Pro and my Spotify version is 0.1.0.26.

Community Legend
‎2013-04-05 03:52 PM

Crustac10 wrote:

That's the answer I was looking for, too. However, I can not access my edit menu no matter what I try. I am running windows 7 Pro and my Spotify version is 0.1.0.26.

Hey! :) 

It sounds like you have got the weird web/desktop preview client rather than the full desktop client. 

Try downloading and installing the full client from: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Re: how to stop spotify loading autmatically on start up

Music Lover
‎2013-04-05 04:00 PM

I thank you sir!

Music Fan
‎2015-01-27 01:51 AM

thanks for the help  . . . .

In the MAC 0S version do the following:

1.  open Sportify program

2.  select "Spotify" at top of your screen, not in the Spotify program  window but computer screen window

3.  select "Preferences"    . . . . and  then select the last option within this area called " Open Spotify automatically after you log into th computer"  . . . . then select " Don't open automatically."

SUGGESTED POSTS