Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops playing when commercial starts

music stops playing when commercial starts

The home depot commercial comes up, won't play, so it essentially locks up and i can't listen to anything. I then have to restart the program for it to work again. Home depot commercials come on a lot, so I'm frequently restarting. This is a huge inconvenience. Anyone else having this problem?

12 Replies

Yes, same problem with same advertisement you are talking about. Just came on here to report the problem myself. It's a pretty huge inconvenience since like you said the home depot ad comes up fairly often.

Yes! Please somebody help with this! It's driving me crazy. Every time the Home depot ad comes I have to kill spotify, it doesn't matter if it's playing in my desktop or mobile.

The tony bennett/lady gaga commercial just came up and same issue now too.

Yes I have the same issue, with the two commericals you guys mentioned, as well as the Sony Music ad... 

Same issue. I have to restart constantly, and when I restart my queue has been completely cleared, so I have lose everything I had in my list. Major issue. I'm going to stop using Spotify until this is fixed.

Same here but with all ads not just Home Depot ad.  BUG!

This is happening to me with every single commercial, so it is not commercial-specific. All of them so far have been for other music, and the work-around has been to click on the advertised song in the bottom left corner of the screen, let it start playing momentarily, and then switch back to my music. However, this also seems to mess up the timer clock on commercials, so another commercial reappears just a few tracks later, causing the cycle to repeat. I'm going to try playing the web version to see if that might be free of this problem, otherwise I'll also stop using Spotify until the problem is fixed.

Same issue as above, all 3 ads (some Sony ad, Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga, and Home Depot).  I'm on a Mac with Mavericks.  Also, when I kill it and restart, it plays the first song twice. 

Any word on a fix Spotify?

Thanks!

Bug seems to have been fixed now, commercial plays and music returns. All is well, life is good again.

Also having this issue after ads (started this week) and just noticed the same song playing twice after re-starting the program the last 2 times.

Any word on a fix or way to work around this besides closing Spotify and starting it up again?

I'm having the same problem.  I really need it fixed please help

This just happened to me, My spotify won't work now.   I am never using this service ever again!

Suggested posts