my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Solved!

my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Music Lover
‎2012-05-15 12:51 PM

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Garage Band
‎2012-05-15 01:53 PM

I have the exact same problem! I have followed all the guidelines (reinstalled the program, removed and then added Spotify to the Firewall exceptions) but it still won't go online. I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Unlimited. Are the two related?

Re: my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Garage Band
‎2012-05-16 04:36 PM

... and now I even have it on another computer, at work!

Gig Goer
‎2012-05-16 04:38 PM

"We are investigating why the service is down for many users. Updates will be posted here once we have more information"
From the Twitter service update page :) 

Re: error code 404

Spotify Legend
‎2012-05-16 05:27 PM

...annnd things should be back to normal. If you're still getting Error 404, just let me know. 

-----
Airhorn Enthusiast
59 Replies

Garage Band
‎2012-05-15 01:53 PM

I have the exact same problem! I have followed all the guidelines (reinstalled the program, removed and then added Spotify to the Firewall exceptions) but it still won't go online. I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Unlimited. Are the two related?

‎2012-05-15 01:56 PM
Hey,

Have you tried a basic reinstall of Spotify at all yet? You can get directions on how to do so here... http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also, are you receiving any error codes at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Music Fan
‎2012-05-15 03:26 PM

I had the same issue as the OP, a reinstall did indeed fix it

Garage Band
‎2012-05-16 10:46 AM

Yes, I have, and it works for a while, but every time I turn my computer off, I need to uninstall spotify and then download it again. Quite time-consuming and annoying...Is there another, permanent solution?

BTW, I just get the basic error code that spotify is offline, no special error codes or anything.

Gig Goer
‎2012-05-16 04:13 PM

Ik have the exact same problem, help needed asap, I am a music addict

Gig Goer
‎2012-05-16 04:22 PM

Same problem just now but I did get an error code, 404. A problem with the server atm perhaps? Eventhough the twitter page has nothing about it.

Garage Band
‎2012-05-16 04:36 PM

... and now I even have it on another computer, at work!

Gig Goer
‎2012-05-16 04:38 PM

"We are investigating why the service is down for many users. Updates will be posted here once we have more information"
From the Twitter service update page :) 

Gig Goer
‎2012-05-16 04:40 PM

isn't working on my iPhone either but not everybody seems to have problems?

SUGGESTED POSTS