Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..." error on a Win10 Laptop/Tablet

Solved!

"Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..." error on a Win10 Laptop/Tablet

Hi,

I recently installed the Spotify App on my Win10 Laptop and am trying to access my account through there. Unfortunately, I cannot log-in and I constantly get the error "Cannot connect to Spotify. Trying again now..."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing cache and cookies as indicated in other articles but I'm still getting the same error.

My account is working fine on my other android device, I only seem to have this issue on the laptop.

Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, @dreadlord

Thanks for checking in. I tried generating the log as you indicated but it seems my system can't find the path. I traced where my system saved Spotify and tried to modify the command and indicate where Spotify was saved BUT it still can't find it. I don't really know what I did wrong but it's probably a case of me not really knowing what I was doing. 🙂

I got impatient with the entire thing so I uninstalled it again and downloaded the App from the Spotify website instead of the AppStore. I installed it a few minutes ago and it's working now. 🙂 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the exact same problem. I downloaded the spotify app from the windows app store. I had the error message "Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..." I unistalled the app from the window's app store and downloaded the app directly from the Spotify website. Now it's working great!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello @trioholic,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you start Spotify from CMD with the following command:

%appdata%/Spotify/Spotify.exe --show-console --log-file=%USERPROFILE%/Desktop/spotify-log.txt

This command is going to create spotify-log.txt on your Desktop. Can you please attach the log here, so I can see what is going on?  

Marked as solution

Hi, @dreadlord

Thanks for checking in. I tried generating the log as you indicated but it seems my system can't find the path. I traced where my system saved Spotify and tried to modify the command and indicate where Spotify was saved BUT it still can't find it. I don't really know what I did wrong but it's probably a case of me not really knowing what I was doing. 🙂

I got impatient with the entire thing so I uninstalled it again and downloaded the App from the Spotify website instead of the AppStore. I installed it a few minutes ago and it's working now. 🙂 

Thank you.

I am trying to reset my password as I cannot log in. It says it has sent the password reset link to my email address. Nothing has arived there.

I really am upset that one needs to login to ones account to discuss problems with Spotify. Idiotic procedure as I am unable to logon to do that. Meanwhile they continue to take £9.99 per month from my bank .

I dont want to cancel my account as I find Spotify really useful as a way of cataloguing and accessing music. Please provide someway of talking to a human being.

I have created this "new" basic account so I can hopefully get something done.

Marked as solution

I had the exact same problem. I downloaded the spotify app from the windows app store. I had the error message "Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..." I unistalled the app from the window's app store and downloaded the app directly from the Spotify website. Now it's working great!

Happily dancing around like a loonie to my special "loonie dancing" playlist again.

Thanks

Rob

Suggested posts