Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Songs" being unchecked

"My Songs" being unchecked

Wasn't sure where to exactly post this.

I've had the itching feeling that lots of songs I had checked to be placed in "My songs" were being unchecked.   Sometimes I'll be scrolling through My Songs and come across something that I could've sworn I had checked, but was since unchecked.  This has happened on many occasions, to where I'm now fairly certain it's not just some placebo effect.

I understand some titles get removed from spotify, which causes some issues where they get removed from playlists, but this seems to be something different.  Random songs or artists will just get unchecked, but remain on my playlists.

It's very disconcerting, and makes it hard for me to "trust" spotify to my music collection.  I spend a lot of time refining my lists and organizing things, and I feel like at any moment something can just get forgotten or deleted by spotify.  Makes me really paranoid.

One thing that would really solve ALL these issues, is to have some (ANY) way to notify the user when something has been removed/changed.  Song gets removed from spotify?  Let us know!  Song gets.. added back.. and now is available but not on the lists we used to have them?  Please.. just let us know so we're not going months before we wonder "Why haven't I heard _____ lately?". 

6 Replies

Did you ever get an answer? It is quite dissappointing no one has replied. Seems like a serious issue to me. I most certainly found albums and artists being removed from my collection. It is quite frustrating.

This has happened to me twice now with the same song. Pretty annoying

Workaround:  create a new playlist, copy everyting from "Songs" into this new playlist.  Then create an IFTT trigger to automatically add any saved tracks to the new playlist (i.e., the one you just created):

https://ifttt.com/applets/33549224d-save-a-track-in-spotify-and-add-to-playlist

I did this originally so that I could share my saved tracks playlist with others (you can't share "Songs").  But, over time, it's "drifted" from the Songs playlist.  There are now 35 (out of 1548) tracks in my "trigger list" which aren't in my Songs list.  Why?  Maddening.  It's easy to see that there are tracks that I saved to Songs that are now "unchecked" somehow.

Fwiw, I started really noticing this when I started using the "Your Daily Mix" feature.  Tracks would show up there, tracks I knew I'd saved to Songs, but they were no longer checked!  I thought it was a fluke until it happend four or five times.

This is obviously a complicated one to try and sort out.  It would be interesting to create a test account and see if you can replicate the issue with a small data set in a clean account, one you're really sure no one else has access to.  I just don't have time.  Still, even if you could do this, I think it would be very difficult to get the Spotify team to listen.  There are so many ways this could happen that wouldn't be Spotify's "fault".  There are so many ways a user (or another system?) could "make this bug happen".  Actually, now that I think of it, IFTT is a likely culprate.  I haven't examined the web API to even see if you can un-favorite a song with it....

This is a nasty bug!  Losing user data, period.  I really wish we could somehow get some help with this.

Honestly cannot believe we haven't received an answer for this. I just noticed this has happened, and I am positive that I have lost ~100 songs due to this bug. Really frustrating given that we are all paying monthly for a service that has this many leaks. Get with it Spotify!

My entire library of over 6000 songs has just been unchecked. One moment I was listening to a song, queued a song I don't have saved and then when I went to look at my songs library ~2 minutes later it was completely empty

Suggested posts