Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

turn off auto import of iTunes library

turn off auto import of iTunes library

How do I stop spotify from loading my itunes index.  I takes a while to do that and I don't want to see my library when start up Spotify

Thanks 

12 Replies

You can do that from edit/preferences or spotify/settings by unchecking the options in this section. You'll need to restart the client for it to take effect.

Screenshot - 08_08_2013 , 12_35_05.png

I have all the boxes unclicked in the preferences and have restarted Spotify and my itunes have reloaded.  Any further help would be appreiated 

Dan 

Hmmmm......try deleting all local files in the desktop client together with any local file playlists you have then try restarting again. (Deleting the local files will just remove them from the library, not from your hard drive.)

There isb one whale of a lot ofn files to delete.  I have 35,000 item in iTunes and probably 150 folders.  Is there any other way... 

If you go to local files in the desktop client, select one then use ctrl-a or the Mac equivalent and hit delete they'll all go. I don't mean doing anything on your hard drive, just clearing the local files from spotify's library.

I have deleted all the local files using your suggestion. But I have over 150 folders listed with content and they seem to have to be deleted one at a time.  A screen shot is attached 

Screen Shot.jpg

Easiest way to do it:

- File > New Playlist Folder > Call it "Delete"

- Drag and drop all of those unwanted playlists into it.

- Delete the folder.

Saves you from having to do the confirm delete dialogue a million times!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just deleted spotify and all its helper files.  I then downloaded a new copy and installed it.  All the local files came back.  I don't mind them except it takes so long to start up spotify because of them.  I am deleting them bu[=y moving them into a playlist one at a time and then deleting the playlist.  I wonder if ther is any way to select more than one item before deleting ?

Thsanks 

Unfortunately there is no way to select multiple playlists for deleting at once (hence the playlist folder idea). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Following the instructions in this thread I merged all of the playlists into about 7 folders.  As I deleted each folder the folder went away but all the play lists stayed.  So it seams the only way to get rid of them is to delete each playlist individually 

I am stillhaving this problem, What is the desktop client?  Just the spotify application screen?   also I have tried control A and nothing happens.  I can delete one at a time.  Putting them all into one playlist does not work either. 

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks 

Seriously fracked . You shouldnt have to go through all this. I't an invasion of privacy I did not give Spotify permission to snoop around my computer.

I pay for the service.

pissed 

Suggested posts