Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

Solved!

ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

All of my songs in my playlists and radio stations play too fast, as if  I am fast forwarding them. Sounds like its skipping but its just playing super fast, the count is going faster than real time. Help! It sucks buttholes!

26 Replies

*EDIT*
I honestly have no idea how, but it seems to have corrected itself. Synched up a song on youtube alongside the same one in spotify and they were both the exact same correct sounding tempo. Sorry I have no useful information to finding a solution though 😕

I've also gained this problem out of nowhere sadly, the increased tempo just makes everything sound wrong. I've tried all fixes listed here but to no avail. Really **bleep**ing annoying tbh - I usually have spotify running most of the day, but unless there's an upcoming patch i'll have to cancel sub and just download what I want to play from my own computer 😕

It seems like it could be a problem with the internet speed. I was having a problem on my ipad and I canged the stream quality in the settings from automatic to high and it fixed itself. Hope it helps.

I should note (a long time ago) that I have long since resolved my issue. It didn't have anything to do with Spotify. It had to do with a device driver/windows interaction for an external D/A converter. The problem didn't happen without using this device.

I had this issue using a USB headset.  USB headsets have their own soundcard and do not use your system sound card.  I bought a set of normal headphones with a 3.5mm jack and used the internal PC sound card.  Doing this solved the issue for me.

The issue is likely related to whatever driver was being used with the USB sound card.

I had this same issue with my iPad. Just delete the app and then download it again and login and it should be fixed. 🙂 it worked perfectly for me.

that happens to me on my bluetooth car stereo the only way to play at normal speed is turning off and on my iphone 6 but if i stop the music and play again i need to restart my phone to get back to a normal playing speed.

Yeah, this is happening to me at the moment and it's FREAKIN AWESOME! I've spent hours crying with laughter at how ridiculous or oddly amazing my songs sound. I'm just trying to research - how do I get it to not go away? If I unplug my headphones does that mean it's gone?

Suggested posts