Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accents in Spotify.

Accents in Spotify.

Hi:

Under Linux I have a small question that me the accents do not work in the client, after there edit some things and something more, but the letter 'ñ' yes that works under Linux, but accents do not.

I had never passed, put that with other programs and under Windows, yes the accents work perfectly in the stamps.

The most curious thing is, that to work, it works very well. It works noisily well. Of that, I do not have any snag.

In the file.bashrc I have the following thing:

export LC_ALL=es_ES.UTF-8

And locale:

sjlopezb@local:~$ locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=es_ES.UTF-8

The commented previously, if I it do web route this gives neither problems, nor mistakes with the accents, but yes in the client.

How is this solved?

Thanks.

5 Replies

Same here! I'm Brazilian. My official language is pt-BR. I simply can't input characters with an accent like "áéúíóîôàãõ" on the playlist name/description for the Ubuntu client.

Same issue here, I can't input accents, neither in the search field nor in any other possible one admitting text input. This is happening to me with Spotify installed via snap in an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04.4. It's also happening others, and not just with this application: https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/accents-in-kde-snaps/16765/2

Same thing here, on Spotify Flatpak with Fedora 32 😕

Hi:

The solution I see is that there is no other, is to copy the text with
accents and more from another program, and paste it later on Spotify,
because that way, it does allow you to have the accents.

Otherwise, it does not fail at all.

It is the only thing I see as a solution. There is no other.

this is still an issue, years later. on Xubuntu 22.10, using latest version offered by Spotify repository.

Suggested posts