Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adverts in Premium, again

Adverts in Premium, again

So i've never seen merchandise advertising before, so I don't know if this is a recent thing, but i was wondering how people felt about it?

Do people any any more examples of stuff being sold like this? I can see that perhaps bands being able to sell merchandise is not a bad idea, but I also pay for premium so I don't have to be advertised at.

2015-01-13 10_59_32-Spotify.jpg

2015-01-13 10_53_08-Spotify.jpg

7 Replies

This is a section of the artist page that allows the artist to sell merchandise to the fans.

This does not count as advertising, and you will see this even if you are a premium user. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Einfach nur Lächerlich und ergerlich  man hat bezahld und troz erfolgreicher zahlung bekommt man kein premium accound. das heis für mich beinah schon b..... naja also ich werde nicht so schnell diesen service weiter empfehlen a devenetiv zu langsam b  jedes aml wird ergend was angezeigt und amn wird voll gesparmd sta den dienst zu akteviren den man bezahld hat.

well. uhm. advertising your merchandise, is er, kind of advertising.

@lahusky2014 

Ich schlage vor, den Support kontaktieren, damit sie einen Blick auf Ihr Konto kann und helfen Ihnen bei Ihrem Problem

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Wenn Sie eine automatische Antwort per E-Mail zu erhalten, müssen Sie zurück, um es zu beantworten.

Unterstützung antwortet in der Regel innerhalb von 24-48 Stunden.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes, but when Spotify added this section to the artist page, they didn't count it as advertising.

It's meant to help fans buy merchandise. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

i honestly dont care whether spotify counts it as advertising, I count it as advertising. At the least I'd rather see it on a new tab next to Related Artists / Biography, rather than making the music list area even more noisy. 

One of the primary functions of Premium on Spotify, and indeed any service which offers paid-for no advertising tiers, is that it remains ad free. When a company starts moving the goalposts, you can be sure they'll keep on pushing to see how far they can go.

Merchandise on artist pages has been around for over a year now.

If you don't want to see merchandise on artist pages, I suggest you create an idea for it in the ideas section:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

If enough people kudo your idea, Spotify will consider it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts