Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After last update search function very slow

After last update search function very slow

Free, Netherlands, Desktop, Windows 10

I always search for song by combining the longest word in the title with the longest word in the artists name. Normally the proper song comes up while typing, now it takes up to 20 seconds!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

I have the same problem. Please resolve this problem.

Suddenly having this same problem this week now. 

20 seconds? You[re likely. In my case search takes forever.

I've had this issue over the past four days, too. Search is extremely slow. At the best of times, it takes 10 seconds to show any results. It has also taken much, much longer than that for long periods.

Paid account, Windows 7, Desktop, UK.

Same problem since last update

I personally don't have this problem. On iOS and Arch Linux. Installed with AUR in the case of Arch.

I also had this problem (Belgium, premium). What fixed it was to turn off hardware acceleration.

Same Windows 10 latest update (was slow before the latest windows 10 update).
Show Local media is not enabled.
I removed the app completely and installed via Microsoft Store per instructions.
Search was normal (instantaneous) for a couple hours, and now back to the same issue. 20-30 seconds to get a result back.

Premium

version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931

windows 10, fast desktop, fast internet

My search is very slow, takes 20 seconds to pop up results.

Already tried:

-clear out spotify cache

-reinstall spoitfy client

It's a problem for weeks now, please fix this asap

I didn't change anything, but search is back to normal now.

1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7 (Microsoft Store version)

I'm having the same problem on two different laptops, one running Win10 the other Win7 (That's right, I said 7). Except the search time is delayed about a whole minute. Maybe more, I can't focus much longer than that. At any rate, when I'm listening to a song and try a search, the play/pause/skip controls are frozen until the search completes. I can't make the music stop unless I close spotify, and even then it takes a few seconds of a song playing (whilst no app appears on my screen). 

I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling, etc. No luck. Would love someone to fix this as I use Spotify to DJ weddings and events!

Having this problem too, it is just annoying enough to consider cancelling my subscription to have to wait 3 minutes for a simple search to load, granted the program itself doesn't just crash.

Don't blame my PC either I can run every other program that requires more resources with no problems at all.

It's not me, it's not my PC, it's not my ISP, it's YOU spotify.

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If the Search feature takes too long or doesn't respond at all in the desktop version of the app you might be experiencing an issue that we're currently looking into. Go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button to support our investigation. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts