Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

An option to choose displaying content (eg song & artist name) in its original language?

An option to choose displaying content (eg song & artist name) in its original language?

It might be a very minor request so I'm just trying my luck. I would like to have an option which allow me to always show the music content (eg song, album & artist name) in its orginal language.

I appreciate Spotify doing much efforts to support so many languages in the world. And I believe many of you listen to music not limiting to one language.

Talking about my case, music I listen to is a mixture with English, some Asian languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese etc) , and a hint of French. While I can actually reading those languages I would very much like Spotify to display them in their own.

I use Spotify in English, so what I get now is, all the artist name automatically translated and showing in English. Songs and albums' name remaing in its own language (probably just because staff got no time to translate the huge library). When I search, let's say in Chinese, I typed the artist name in Chinese and the result shown in English!

Isn't a button for the user to choose the language of the music library sounds more flexible? "Always show in orginal", "Always translate to ___", "Show according to your location", "Show according to Spotify's language" etc?

2 Replies

I would want the same thing. Also there is some inconsistencies in the display too. For the same artist, in the same application (desktop, android, webtop) ssometims their name is in native language and sometimes in English. If Spotify can make it configurable that would be nice.

I would like to know how to do this as well!

Suggested posts