Plan: Premium Family
Device: Sony Vaio Tab 11
Operating System: Debian GNU Linux 9 (stretch) 64bit with Gnome Desktop 3.22.2
Spotify Version: Linux: spotify-client (1:188.8.131.52.gb45d2a6b-10)
My Question or Issue:
1) I installed the spotify client as described under: https://www.spotify.com/de/download/linux/
2) had to install dirmngr first via "sudo apt install dirmngr" as the first step did not work otherwise
3) after the install I started spotify from the Gnome menu. A black window appeared. After waiting 30 sec I closed the window.
4) searched your commnity website for help. At a point I decided to start spotify from the terminal. I got an error message (see dump file attached). But spotify started perfectly and works perfect when started from the terminal by typing in "spotify".
5) I installed "sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module" and the missing gtk-module message disappeared, but when starting spotify from Gnome menu it shows up only a black window.
Thanks for this very good piece of software. Use via touch works perfect for me. Congratulations!!
Question: How can I make spotify to start from the Gnome menu too? Any idea.
Your help is appreciated a lot. Many thanks in advance, ChrisKar
P.S.: the forum says that the dump file extension *.txt is not allowed... only jpg etc is allowed. Therefore here the dump file content:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.