Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Broken images Ubuntu 16.04

Broken images Ubuntu 16.04

Hi there,

I've installed Spotify on Ubuntu 16.04 on my notebook. But there's one problem - all images (album covers, artists, friends .. ) are broken and the only picture I can see is the album cover of currently playing song. Everything else is fine and I can normally listen to my favourite music, but these images I can't see are really annoying me.

The strange thing is that on Windows, Android and also on Ubuntu 16.04 on my desktop PC it's okay and I can see everything. It doesn't work just and only on my notebook Ubuntu. Reinstalling Spotify didn't help ...

I'll be thankful for any help 🙂

Screenshot from 2017-01-24 20-52-56.png
4 Replies

Hello @jeniksadlo,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you clear the cache ( note that any offline data will be wiped ) and see if the issue persists?

1. Exit Spotify
  2. Execute the following command in terminal
    rm -rf $HOME/.cache/spotify/Storage

Yes, it still persists.

Alright, can you start the client like that from the terminal and browse some playlist/albums where the images are missing?

spotify >$HOME/spotify-dump.txt 2>&1

Attach the spotify-dump.txt that can be located at your Desktop here, so I can take a look 🙂

There are pictures of artists on the tab with all artists I follow, but when I click on one of them and see the artist's page, there aren't any.

When I browse playlists by genres, there aren't pictures, but when I open one playlist, I can see that playlist picture on the top left.

It's really strange...

Screenshot from 2017-01-25 16-14-41.png

Suggested posts