Country

United States

Device

64-bit PC

Operating System

Kubuntu 20.04

KDE Plasma 5.18.5

My Question or Issue

For some reason, Spotify ignores the system's cursor settings and doesnt use the system's file explorer (for local songs)

My screencapture software doesn't capture the mouse, but when within Spotify the default Breeze cursor is replaced with an older more windows-like cursor.

smokeouid_0-1591935657976.png

this file explorer is opened instead of Plasma's default (Dolphin), and also errors out when attempting to access hard drives other than the Kubuntu one.

smokeouid_1-1591935732815.png

I know these are minor bugs but i might as well report them

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: [Bug] Desktop Spotify on KDE Plasma doesn't use system cursors or file explorer

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @smokeouid 

May I ask what kind of Spotify are you running - was it installed with snap or apt or ?? 🙂

I am not entirely sure about the non-system UI as my snap installation does not do that, but the error is a simple thing about permissions - see this screenshot for a non-native program (foobar2000 wine) installed on my system:

Sebasty_0-1591989700284.png

The second last one, specifically. Without this enabled, I wasn't able to access my music stored on another partition, which Ubuntu sees as a removable device (mounted in /media).

However, I went to check the permissions the snap Spotify has, and this is not an option:

Sebasty_1-1591990260232.png

I tried the second setting and it's.. probably for something else, but not this. : )

Devices get mounted to /media which is owned by root and Spotify cannot access this.

BUT I found a possible workaround for this. The device should be mounted in your Home folder, which Spotify can read, or you can try installing classic spotify from snap. Check out this post by Jooon, maybe that might help you 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS