Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug, Linux] MPRIS2 Song Progress Cleared If Session Locked While Music is Paused

[Bug, Linux] MPRIS2 Song Progress Cleared If Session Locked While Music is Paused

I've been using the Spotify Linux Preview build for the last few months, and have had a lot of success with it. It performs great, and the DBus and MPRIS2 integration is just fantastic. I have run into a bug with the MPRIS2 integration, though. It's relatively minor, but I run into it multiple times per day at work.

To reproduce, do the following:

1. Play something through Spotify
  2. Pause the song
  3. Lock the screen
  4. Unlock the screen
  5. Look at where the MPRIS2 data is being presented (e.g. audio dropdown in upper right corner in GNOME3) - progress will be at 0:00
  6. Press play (can be done on either the Spotify window or the MPRIS2 control) - progress will begin counting up from 0:00 in the MPRIS2 data, although Spotify shows the correct time

I've noticed that something similar happens when Spotify has stored song progress from the last time it ran and play is pressed. It looks like the problem is that Spotify does not indicate its starting point in the MPRIS2 data when it begins playing, instead just indicating progress. There is an attached screenshot showing the disconnect. I see this on two different machines, both running different versions of GNOME 3.

System Information

First Computer

• Kernel: 3.8.0-23-generic
  • Desktop Manager: GNOME 3.8
  • Spotify Version: 0.9.11.27

Second Computer

• Kernel: 3.14-2-amd64
  • Desktop Manager: GNOME 3.12
  • Spotify Version: 0.9.11.27
Spotify MPRIS2 Progress Cleared.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts