Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug Report: Spotify client crashes with Segmentation fault while trying to play specific song

Bug Report: Spotify client crashes with Segmentation fault while trying to play specific song

Hi, I have a strange bahaviour with the latest Spotify client under Debian stretch /kernel 4.5.0-2. 
Whenever I try to play a specific song - "1,2,3,4 from the Plain White T's" the client crashes instantly with Segmentation fault. It happens every time. All other songs I have tried work completely fine. What I do to reproduce it is I search for "Plain White T's", than choose the song and attempt to play it. Nothing else. I have a log of what is happening and can provide it if it is secure to do so (there are some addresses and presumably hashes which I believe are safe to share but I will be happier if I hear it from you). Log is from standart out. 
Also I tried playing the song from my phone to the desktop client - same thing happens.

If you need any more information, I will be happy to provide it!

3 Replies

Hey @vkonov,

Have you tried clearing the cache, so the song gets downloaded again?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, it was one of the first things I found when I searched for similar problems. Forgot to mention it in the original post. I deleted the ~/.cache/spotify directory but the problem persisted. 

I made a 

rm -rf ~/.cache/spotify*

and it seems to work fine

Suggested posts