Premium (Family)

Country

Mexico

Device

Custom desktop computer

Operating System

Debian Bookworm (Testing)

My Question or Issue

I've recently installed Debian Testing after trying Fedora. Previously I had my songs downloaded and ready to listen in offline mode, but after this clean installation of Debian Testing, I've installed Spotify and now I can't download any playlist.

When I press the download button, it shows the progress for less than one second and then cancels the operation automatically. I've installed Spotify using apt following the steps from here https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/

2 Replies

Howldy RobotoSkunk!

I understand that you're experiencing issues with downloading playlists on Spotify after installing Debian Testing on your custom desktop computer. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Clear Spotify cache: Sometimes, issues can arise due to corrupted cache files. You can try clearing the Spotify cache by following these steps:

• Close Spotify completely.
  • Open a terminal and enter the following command to navigate to the Spotify cache directory:

cd ~/.cache/spotify/Users/<your-username>

•  Remove all the files in this directory by running the command:

rm -rf *
​

Restart Spotify and try downloading the playlist again.

Check network connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection on your desktop computer. Confirm that you can access other websites or online services without any issues. If your connection is unstable or restricted, it may prevent playlist downloads.

Update Spotify: Make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your Debian Testing system. You can update it using the following command in the terminal:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Afterward, you can reinstall Spotify by following the installation steps from the Spotify website you mentioned earlier.

Temporary disable firewall or security software: Sometimes, firewalls or other security software can interfere with Spotify's ability to download playlists. Temporarily disable any firewall or security software on your Debian Testing system and check if you can download playlists. Remember to re-enable them after testing.

My apawlogies for I threw a lot your way, if you’re still experiencing issues give me a shout.

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried all those steps, but nothing of these worked

Suggested posts