Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can someone explain in more detail how to get the Linux client to work on a 4K display?

Solved!

Can someone explain in more detail how to get the Linux client to work on a 4K display?

Plan

Premium,

Version

"1.0.89.313.g34a58dea-5" installed from the ubuntu app store

Country

United Kingdom

Device

ThinkPad T480S with a 1440p panel, and 24" 4K external monitor

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04

My Question or Issue

As of yesterday, I am a new Linux user. I have seen the previous thread where somebody edits a command in order to get it to scale properly, however when I search for Spotify.desktop, I get three matches, and in any case I can't see where to put any command.

So could somebody explain clearly the steps I need to take in order to get this to work? I need to know the applications to open, the commands to type in, the way in which I find something, etc. I'd be really grateful if someone good at explaining could explain how to do this. Thanks for reading.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Moments after I posted this I found out this page which explains the following. I will repaste here for posterity, as it was difficult to find. Although it covers a different type of Linux called Arch, it still works on Ubuntu, and the change is persistent too, so I'm really pleased to have found out this is fixable!

==copied text==

You can change scale factor by simple Ctrl++ for zoom in, Ctrl+- for zoom out and Ctrl+0 for default scale. Scaling setting will be saved in ~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs:

~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs
app.browser.zoom-level=100

Also Spotify can be launched with a custom scaling factor which will be multiplied with setting specified in ~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs, for example

$ spotify --force-device-scale-factor=1.5

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Moments after I posted this I found out this page which explains the following. I will repaste here for posterity, as it was difficult to find. Although it covers a different type of Linux called Arch, it still works on Ubuntu, and the change is persistent too, so I'm really pleased to have found out this is fixable!

==copied text==

You can change scale factor by simple Ctrl++ for zoom in, Ctrl+- for zoom out and Ctrl+0 for default scale. Scaling setting will be saved in ~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs:

~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs
app.browser.zoom-level=100

Also Spotify can be launched with a custom scaling factor which will be multiplied with setting specified in ~/.config/spotify/Users/YOUR-SPOTIFY-USER-NAME/prefs, for example

$ spotify --force-device-scale-factor=1.5

It seems that app.browser.zoom-level=X no longer works, nor does the --force-scaling-factor=X argument (I'm using flatplak)

Does anyone have some insight into this?

On my side --force-scaling-factor=X still works

Arch Linux with spotify from AUR

Suggested posts