Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Upload Custom Playlist Cover Photos in Chrome?

Can't Upload Custom Playlist Cover Photos in Chrome?

I'm working with a Google Chrome laptop, which I assume has a Linux OS.  That's about as far as my tech knowledge goes.  

What I do know is I can no longer create my own playlist cover photos like I could on other computers.  The option to add your own custom photo to the album just isn't there.  Am I missing something?  I also can't drag/rearrange the order of my playlists on this computer like I could on Windows or whatever.  But that's not as big a deal as the custom photo uploading thing.  

Spotify in general is a lot more restricted & has fewer options on this Chromebook.  Which is a bummer.  Any help appreciated.  

2 Replies

Hello there. With Chromebook, the app features are limited such as uploading an album cover. You can then do so on desktop 🙂

Unfortunately, while ChromeOS has Linux underneath it (running as the kernel that interfaces with the hardware), a Chromebook doesn't actually run a standard Linux desktop environment. It is Google's own interface that essentially runs the entire user experience inside of the Chrome web browser. That means that the capabilities of ChromeOS Spotify app are going to be different from that of the Linux Spotify app, since it is a different app.

Suggested posts