Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't install on Fedora 27

Can't install on Fedora 27

Hello, I have some problems at installing Spotify using the commands on the terminal.

As the guide says, I try to enter the sudo command (step #1)

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0DF731E45CE24F27EEEB1450EFDC8610341D9410

But it won't work since "apt-key" can't be found. 

Any suggestions?

7 Replies

Hello there. My name is Nikhil Prabhu, and I'm currently using Fedora 27. The reason why the command isn't working for you, is because the command is meant to be run on an Ubuntu installation. The apt-key command is a part of Ubuntu's package management system, and so, it won't work on Fedora. If you want to install Spotify on Fedora, follow the instructions here : https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1_MfOlc...

Cheers 🙂

This site looks fishy as **bleep**. I would love to see spotify creating a doc how to install it for fedora. It can t be that hard to create 😞

Yeah. Or they can at least pack it up as a tarball or something. That'll make it easier to install it on all Distros.

after dnf update to my new machine i just found out that spotify is available in the software center of fedora 27

No it isn't on the Software Centre on Fedora 27.

Actually, it is there, but as a Snap package. So, you'll need to have the snapd package installed to be able to see it in the Software Center. It's also available as a Flatpak package. So, @supersick either saw the Snap or Flatpak version of Spotify in his Software Center.

Screenshot from 2018-03-26 17-10-37.png

That's correct @caramello3469,

i think i had snapd. I think UIbuntu comes shiped with it by default, if not sudo apt install snapd for ubuntu

Suggested posts