Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't search local files by album title

Can't search local files by album title

I like that Spotify has local file support, as there are still a lot of songs not available in the Spotify database. Unfortunately, it still isn't quite as featured as I'd hope.

While I'm able to search for a given band or song in local files, apparently you can't search by Album. That is pretty frustrating! Please index the album titles as well!

3 Replies

I second this request.

This is really important to me for certain genres, e.g Musicals & Soundtracks, where I mostly want to listen to songs in order because they tell a story. I  have loads of music that isn't on Spotify that although I've now figured out how to sync it to a playlist, it is not easy to play it in the correct order from a playlist, and impossible to search for as no results are returned.

Hope this can be addressed in a future update.

I find it totally ridiculous that this is still an issue. Literally any other music player supports being able to categorize by any of the built-in tags like artist, title, or album. For Spotify to lack this feature seems odd, and almost purposeful.

I'm probably going to end up switching back to a normal music player like MusicBee, I'm someone who needs to be able to listen to an album in order, especially if its my own music on my own device! How obnoxious.

UPDATE: I discovered that the Album information was missing due to my resolution! I use a vertical monitor for Spotify and Programming due to being able to fit more text/song names on the screen. The second I dragged Spotify over to my widescreen monitor, the Album information showed itself!

Which columns show should definitely be a selectable feature - while my window is narrow, I'd much rather see track title + album title instead of track title + artist name.

Suggested posts