Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot control volume using MPRIS D-bus

Solved!

Cannot control volume using MPRIS D-bus

Apparently it seems it's not possible to control spotify via dbus. 

An example of application where this is causing problems is KDE connect, an android app that allows to control many multimedia applications under linux. Due to the incomplete dbus support of spotify this cannot be done just for spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nobody is working on it currently, but it is tracked internally as "Add more MPRIS functionality", that I want to do eventually. There are some linux crash bugs that I want to focus on first. I can set aside one day every two weeks to help fixing bugs in the linux system specific parts of the desktop client. That is roughly the pace of development currently.

The easy stuff like raise/quit, position, volume is in the list of things to build, as well as better coverart support which is trickier to build.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct. There is no MPRIS volume support yet. I will update this thread, when we are about to release a version with this fixed.

Thanks for the answer. Just to know, are you working on it or is just an hypothetical thing for the future?

Marked as solution

Nobody is working on it currently, but it is tracked internally as "Add more MPRIS functionality", that I want to do eventually. There are some linux crash bugs that I want to focus on first. I can set aside one day every two weeks to help fixing bugs in the linux system specific parts of the desktop client. That is roughly the pace of development currently.

The easy stuff like raise/quit, position, volume is in the list of things to build, as well as better coverart support which is trickier to build.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know that it's in the todo list.

Suggested posts