[Debian] [Crostini] No sound, but the song plays

[Debian] [Crostini] No sound, but the song plays

officialdubstep
Casual Listener

I'm running a Linux terminal on Chrome OS  on a Chromebook using Project Crostini. It's an experimental feature and I believe it is using Debian Linux. 

I installed Spotify's Debian package via this link. I launched the app using the terminal and it gives me these errors:

[0926/133505.868849:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(375)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[0926/133505.910316:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.
[0926/133506.012705:ERROR:command_buffer_proxy_impl.cc(133)] ContextResult::kTransientFailure: Failed to send GpuChannelMsg_CreateCommandBuffer.

However, the app still launched and allowed me to sign in. I signed in and attempted to play music, but no sound comes out. 

3 Replies
2 people liked this

Re: [Debian] [Crostini] No sound, but the song plays

officialdubstep
Casual Listener

I found an odd solution to the sound issue but it's a bit of a pain.

If I launch the Android app version, I can control the music selection through the Linux version with the Android app version playing the sound. 

Is there a way I can fix it so I don't have this workaround?

1 person liked this

CryticalAce
Community Legend

Hey @officialdubstep,

Thanks for all the information! Especially the error code, it doesn't seem to be related to the issue you're having, since it is a GPU error.

Just to check do other system sounds work for you?

I'll pass this post onto the right people and see if I can get a better response for you! :)

If anything else comes up, please let me know!

benjclyde

Hey, not supps schooled in Linux but I'm doing the same as yourself, running the desktop Spotify Linux app on a Chromebook. As far as I know Google themselves haven't enabled sound for Linux yet.

SUGGESTED POSTS