Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bug with forward/back buttons

[Desktop] Bug with forward/back buttons

Hey - there is a little bug with the forward and back buttons on Linux. They are not side by side, but one on each other instead. I let you check the image in attachement to see it in context. It's on the last version 1.0.43.125 but it existed since the reshape of the playback UX some weeks ago. Regards.

spotify_bug.png
11 Replies

I experience this bug as well.  A fix would be fantastic, as the bug is worse at smaller window sizes; the buttons are actually clipped at a certain point.

2016_12_19-13_44_03-1139x622.png

Thanks for the second screenshot. Not only are the buttons displayed incorrectly, but you have the same broken font rendering in the UI. The kerning is off everywhere. Look at "Radio" for instance. It looks the same in both screenshots. The i is too close to the d compared to the o and the dot over the i is not directly over the i.

We should still be able to fix the button layout regardless of font rendering, but I am guessing that is the root cause of the problem.

What distribution, what desktop environment and which versions of those are you running?

I have also have those butons placed on top of each other, and "Radio" rendered like that, and the dot over the i is to far to the right in "Your Daily Mix" (both of the i's), "Artists" and "Local Files" under "YOUR MUSIC", it looks correct in the name of my playlists, and in display of what's currently playing though.

I run Debian Jessie (8.6), no desktop environment, just i3 (version 4.8-2) as window manager.

Heh, I am using i3, without a desktop environment, on Debian Sid as well.

2016_12_20-08_37_45-987x520.png

Thanks both of you. Haven't tried yet, but I should be able to reproduce that.

While waiting for me to figure it out, try starting gnome-settings-daemon in a terminal before starting Spotify to see if it changes the font rendering. If that changes thing and you run xrdb at start of your session, you might be able to add similar config to ~/.Xresources

Xft.antialias: true
Xft.rgba: rgb
Xft.hinting: true
Xft.hintstyle: hintslight

Simply having gnome-settings-daemon running didn't change how spotify looks, but it made my mouse cursor invisble, that was quite annoying and likely to make me cautious of starting that again.

I'm having the exact same bug in two machines with Kubuntu 16.04 (using the KDE provided by distribution's official repositories).

I'm running the latest Debian 8 and also seeind the stacked play/pause buttons. I opened another thread about it and was directed here. 

I can't click back/forward if the window isn't full screened. Pretty annoying.

These Xresources settings seem to have no effect for me.

Also, is it possible to get Spotify to obey Xft.dpi?  I have a HiDPI system, and Spotify is one of the few apps that do not (urxvt and libnotify also do not; keepassx may be doing odd things too, but it's unclear).

2017_01_11-10_49_23-2231x922.png

Can anyone check if 1.0.49.125 from testing fixed the layout of navigation buttons? We could not reproduce the problem, but that part of the UI was tweaked a bit to disallow wrapping, so in theory it should be fixed. Font problem still has not been looked at.

It looks like that fixes things, indeed.

2017_02_10-17_50_30-1090x810.png

Suggested posts