Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Force Close When Playing Local Files

Solved!

[Desktop] Force Close When Playing Local Files

Spotify Version

1.0.99.250.g936eab8d (Installed from Ubuntu Snap)
Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

HP Pavillion (Core i7 8550U)

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04.1

My Question or Issue

I usually use Spotify on my Ubuntu 18.04, currently this application often errors and closes itself when I want to play songs from the local file.

Here is the information that I got from the command line:

ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/mkh/snap/spotify/32/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini': File exists
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
[0208/095505.634950:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.545" (uid=1000 pid=21990 comm="/snap/spotify/32/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=2352 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[0208/095505.635329:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.545" (uid=1000 pid=21990 comm="/snap/spotify/32/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.UPower" member="GetDisplayDevice" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=2352 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[0208/095505.635724:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(615)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.545" (uid=1000 pid=21990 comm="/snap/spotify/32/usr/share/spotify/spotify " label="snap.spotify.spotify (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.UPower" member="EnumerateDevices" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.UPower" (uid=0 pid=2352 comm="/usr/lib/upower/upowerd " label="unconfined")
[mp3 @ 0x7facc4df2680] Skipping 0 bytes of junk at 314.
[mp3 @ 0x7facc4df2680] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Did you use Snap to install Spotify?

I removed the package with Snap, then downloaded it through here, via apt-get:

https://www.spotify.com/se/download/linux/

Now it works, hopefully this might be the solution for you too!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue after update to 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d
Installing the old codecs (similar issue related to codecs was in the past) doesn't help

I've got the same:

[mp3 @ 0x7f9cdda26a40] Skipping 0 bytes of junk at 803426.
[mjpeg @ 0x7f9cdc807d60] Changeing bps to 8
[mp3 @ 0x7f9cdda27020] Header missing

Same problem for me (Spotify v1.0.99.250 installed via Snap on openSuse Leap 15.0)...

Marked as solution

Did you use Snap to install Spotify?

I removed the package with Snap, then downloaded it through here, via apt-get:

https://www.spotify.com/se/download/linux/

Now it works, hopefully this might be the solution for you too!

I installed through snaps but that's because Im on OpenSUSE. Would there be anyway around this. This recent update is annoying and currently has stopped me from using the app because 50% of my songs were local files.

Confirmed with Ubuntu 18.04.1, Installing through APT (Debian Package) will solve the problem. Thanks.

Installing spotify via apt is not a solution. This is workaround. Snap is broken and Spotify does nothing with that since a month. Thats shame.

I don't know, but in my case installing through apt solved the problem.

The Flatpak version is an alternative, it's works good without bug with local music files.

https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.spotify.Client

Suggested posts