Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desperate need to vote stuff I dislike down.

Solved!

Desperate need to vote stuff I dislike down.

I'm new to Spotify and enjoying the large catalog, but there is a huge disadvantage to using it:

Where's the vote down or don't play this button?

I can't actively filter out stuff I do not like and it drives me nuts.  I can listen to a radio station and occasionally thumb down the latest awful song when I can get to the device.  But I really really really need to simply blacklist artists I strongly dislike, permanently block songs, and permanently block albums.  And please please please just put a little X on the discovery page so I can get rid of 75% of the page which is filled with garbage I'd never want to listen to, and help it discover something I might like to hear.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's a fundamental flaw that should not have been over looked.  Guess I'll just unsubscribe and go back to using Pandora.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @wb303 ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

This idea has been discussed over on our purpose built Ideas Exchange area here so be sure to add your kudos and comments of support there. Unfortunately at the minute it has been marked as "not right now" meaning its not likely to be added in the near future. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

That's a fundamental flaw that should not have been over looked.  Guess I'll just unsubscribe and go back to using Pandora.

I agree strongly with this user, and can't imagine why this feature is not being pursued.  

Suggested posts