Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different track titles between Web player and the Desktop player

Different track titles between Web player and the Desktop player

Hello everyone!

I've started noticing something odd in the past few weeks. There's some tracks that display different titles depending if you're browsing your collection in the web player or the desktop player. For example, the Pink Floyd's The Division Bell. In the web player, the track names are:

1. Cluster One

2. What Do You Want from Me

3. Poles Apart

.. (and so on)

But, in the desktop client, they are looking this way:

1. Cluster One - 2011 Remastered Version

2. What Do You Want from Me - 2011 Remastered Version

3. Poles Apart - 2011 Remastered Version

.. (and so on)

I think it's a matter of synchronizing the tracks metadata, between the server and the clients. This is because the tracks were this way a few months ago. Even the album name was different. It was something like "The Division Bell [2011 Remaster] (2011 Remastered Version)". By the way, the old title names were horrible and I'm glad the Spotify group updated the tracks metadata, removing the "2011 Remaster" from the tracks. But it seems that the desktop client is not receiving all updates. Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi,

I've just checked here my desktop and web player and found both albums, the "regular" one and the 2011 remastered version, which is not on the band's discography, but if you search for the remastered version you'll see it.

Just choose the one you prefer 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I looked in the Pink Floyd page with the desktop client and the tracks names are correct there. So, I tryed to remove the album from my collection and re-add it, with no success. Even though the track listing of the album in the artist's didn't show a "- 2011 Remastered Version" in each track, the album added to my collection did.

What I did that fixed the problem is to remove the The Division Bell album from my collection, close the Spotify client, re-open it and re-add the album from the artist page. This fixed the track listing for the album. I took the opportunity and did this to all albums that were incorrect and now they are fixed.

Perhaps the Spotify desktop client is having some issues synchronizing the cached collection with Spotify server? I'm a computer programmer, it's almost unevitable for me to try figure out what's the problem, ha-ha!...

Anyway, thank you for your help! You suggesting that the tracks listing in the artist page were correct made me figure out how to fix my problem here.

Glad I could help!  

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts