Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frustrating Spotify updates with "nothing"

Frustrating Spotify updates with "nothing"

As amazed by all new features and video, I get amazed when Spotify asks to restart for install an update. But once updated, nothing new is added. Not even the missing feature. That is frustating. Are you pranking to me?

5 Replies

These updates are often for things like bug fixes that might not be immediately noticeable.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can definitely assure you that no one is being pranked. Definitely understandable that the still-missing features are frustrating, however these latest updates have been for bug fixes.

So the goal of the rewrite of the desktop app is, according to the pinned thread, "to improve our ability to build new features faster".
Does it imply "to reinstore old features slower" ?
About those pretended new features, are we talking also about the announced video module. Introducing that feature removes in every case all the sense to the explanation for the removal of the apps.

Follow me

The removal of the Spotify Apps was for reasons separate to the introduction of Spotify Now.

The Spotify Apps were removed as the platform was being phased out and replaced with the Spotify API, which is compatible across desktop and mobile, not just desktop (which the old Spotify App Platform was).

I was prompted to update to 1.0.5.186 from 1.0.4.90. After updating, everytime I start Spotify now, it prompts me to update to 1.0.5.186 even though I already did several times.

The weird thing is, when I click on the about tab, it still says I'm still running 1.0.4.90 even after updating.

I did 3 clean installs in a row, each time using CCleaner.. Definitely a glitch on Spotifys end.

EDIT: My apologies for going a little off the OP's topic. As my issue is more a technical problem then just the understandable frustration being espressed by the OP.  After seeing the thread title, I didnlt think there was a need to create a new thread.

Suggested posts