Country

Argentina

Device

PC

Operating System

GNU/Linux Ubuntu 20.04

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone.

My desktop client freeze but music still plays. If I close and reopen de client, the window goes black, but I can see my PC from my phone and choose it from the devices list and it works.

But, if I start the client from the terminal with the "--show-console" argument it starts normal but present some issues.

The first lines of the terminal output show a problem with GTK and then many red and green messages (I can upload a normal terminal output if someone want to see it)

$ spotify --show-console
Gtk-Message: 22:25:52.270: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 22:25:52.270: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 22:25:52.275: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

A very repetitive message is (something like):

01:29:38.805 I [request_accounting.cpp:419 ] High request latency: hm://event-service/v1 took 453 ms

I'm going to search over the GTK errors. Any advice or idea?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hey @soๅɹɐɔ 

The program's user interface freezes for me too every now and then. I've learned that clicking and dragging the currently playing song around will 'un-freeze' the UI and I can continue using Spotify.

It's odd that restarting Spotify will not help though.

How did you install Spotify?

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Sebasty, thanks for your reply.

I've tried many things... Nothing seems to work, nor restart the client, nor the system...

At this moment I'm using the web client that has support from the official developers (I've read somewhere that the linux client doesn't have official support, it has been developed for their personal use with out support).

This weekend I will check the GTK errors that I mentioned.

Ah... I've installed it from the Ubuntu Software.

@soๅɹɐɔ 

Yes, Spotify for Linux is not officially supported. It's created by Spotify developers who wanted to listen to music on Spotify on their Linux machines and this is done in their spare time. 🙂

Perhaps you should try installing from Snap store or installing the debian package - both instructed here.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ok... This weekend I'll try what you said. Thanks.

Suggested posts