Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting 'This song is not available' message intermittently

Getting 'This song is not available' message intermittently

First off, yes, I know other folks have posted the same thing. But I'm posting again, because clearly there's a problem with the Spotify application. If uninstalling the program or sound drivers or restarting or whatever is the "fix" then there's a bug in the software.

Currently running 1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2 but have seen on other versions. I was running whatever previous version, but I just restarted because I got this annoying message. Again. It keeps happening.

I use Spotify at work and home on Windows PC, and I also run it on Linux at home. I've seen this happen multiple times on all setups. Today was the kicker. Everything was fine. I locked my work PC, went to lunch, came back, hit play ... sadness. This message. Again. Why?

I've rebooted my whole PC before, that helps? I mean not really, because I have to save all my work and wait for this thing to reboot. At least at home my boot time is like 10 seconds. At work it's like 5 minutes thanks to corporate budgeting.

So, Spotify devs, please figure this out soon. I pay for premium, and I have been for a few years now. I love the service, but whatever changes you've made in the past few months, something broke your desktop application. Please fix it.

Edit: Just to be clear, I get this message on all sorts of stuff. Discover Weekly playlist from Spotify? This song is not available. This is: The Weeknd? I don't even like that dude, but doesn't matter. This song is not available. I mean these are playlists put together by Spotify. Message should just say This Service is Not Available.

0 Replies

Suggested posts