Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I sync songs from Linux to android?

How do I sync songs from Linux to android?

I have new(ish) spotofy on Linux (Version: 1:1.0.25.127.g58007b4c-22).

Added some files to local library, and can play them in my spotify on desktop. But I would like to sync them to Android phone too, and can't find a place where I would be able to do it.

Basically, in older versions, when I started spotify on my phone, it's name was listed in desktop player, and I could have clicked there to see what is synced. Now this doesn't show anymore. There is also no "Devices" or "Sync" thing listed in menu on the left.

So, is there any option to make spotify on my phone automatically download new "local" songs from desktop spotify? Where is such an option to make it happen?

2 Replies

Hey @depesz,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Adding your Local Files to playlist and then syncing the playlist to your Android device should do  the trick.

Let me know if you run into problems : )

well, the playlist is synced - as in, I can see it on my phone, but when I try to play a song that was "local" on my desktop, I just get nessage that "This song is not available".

In previous versions of Desktop spotify there was a screen where I could have select which playlists to sync, but now it looks like it's gone 😞

Suggested posts