Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add artists to the Artist list in new GUI (version 1.1.55)

How to add artists to the Artist list in new GUI (version 1.1.55)

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Any Linux device

Operating System

This is an issue at least on Ubuntu, Regolith and Lineage. Possibly in other OSs too.

My Question or Issue

Today I found out the Artists list is not gone, just tucked away deep in the menus (why anyone would do that is beyond me, it is against the most basic rules of human-machine interfaces). However, the Artists list now only shows two artists, whereas I have hundreds of LPs in my library. Heretofore, all artists with LPs in the Albums list would show in the Artists list, but this is no longer the case.

The question thus is: how can I add artists to the Artists list in the new GUI (version 1.1.55).

Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey @lads 

I found that only those artists you're following end up in that list.

So basically you'll need to follow them to add to the Artists list.

Hope this helps, have a lovely day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

A change was made in 2019 to Your Library.

Artists do not show under artists unless you follow them.

Also, if you have liked songs from an album, the album no longer automatically shows under your albums, you will need to click the like heart button for the actual album to add it to your albums.

Summary of changes from a previous Spotify post:

Artists:

• The Artists section now contains the artists you’re following.
  • Liking a track or saving an album no longer automatically adds that artist to your Artists as well. Thanks for your feedback on this one.

Albums

• We heard your feedback on saving albums too. Now this section is just for albums you’ve saved.
  • Now, when you like (<3) an album, the songs in the album won’t be added to your Liked Songs playlist.
  • To save all the songs in an album to your Liked Songs playlist, click the “…” menu and click “Like all songs”.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts