Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I mistakenly removed the artists and albums apps from my sidebar, how can I add them back?

I mistakenly removed the artists and albums apps from my sidebar, how can I add them back?

The client I'm referring to is the Linux one. I've been using it for more than a year, this accident having happened roughly around the beginnings when - for some try-it-out or clean up reason, I guess - I deleted some of the left sidebar entries. As explained in the title, the ones I'd be interested in bringing back are the artists and albums ones - I cannot browse neither my saved albums nor artists, right now - but since this accident happened some time ago, I may not fully remember what I deleted back then. I'm leaving an explanatory image attached to this message, as to show you what I may have done when I removed those entries from my sidebar.

To solve this problem, I've tried looking up those apps in the App Finder, inspected my ~/.config/spotify and ~/.cache/spotify path, reinstalled the client, "reinstalled" my ~/.config/spotify/Users/<user> tree and done some brief searches on this forum - all without concrete results.

Thank you in advance for any help :-).

example.png
1 Reply

Now that I have verified this by logging in with a different account to my client, I feel I should add a consideration: I may have never deleted these entries from my sidebar - perhaps they were just automatically removed when Spotify Premium expired.

Indeed, even with a different account, those entries were missing from the sidebar. In any case, I'm still not sure whether this is true.

Suggested posts