Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Improve drag-and-drop songs to playlist

Improve drag-and-drop songs to playlist

I often find myself afraid to add songs by drag-and-dropping them into a playlist because of the uncertainty if they're added to the intended playlist and the lack of confirmation. When I drag-and-drop a song to the playlist menu this often trigger a scroll and on small screens I had trouble to hover over the right playlist. But this isn't the main issue, it is that there's no feedback to adding songs to a playlist. In some version of the iOS app there actually exist a confirmation that a song were added to a certain playlist. And that is great, because sometimes if you're not spot on with the cursor or do it way too fast the song maybe isn't added and sometimes I add songs to the wrong playlist this way not realising this. Nowadays I often check the adjacent playlist, but that is a result of this uncertainty.

I simply would like a better UX when drag-and-dropping songs into playlist. Visual feedback would help (e.g. the playlist that the song were added to gets highlighted afterwards or fades out from a distinct colour). A message would be helpful as well, telling me what song was added to which playlist.

2 Replies

Hey @Loppbo

Many thanks for your post in the Spotify Community.

This is a fantastic idea and one that I think would be more than welcome in our Ideas boards. You can add there by heading to https://community.spotify.com/t5/New-Ideas/ct-p/newideas.

Our developers often search here for new updates and versions of the app. Often, the ideas with the most support and Kudos will be added into future versions of the Spotify app. Get adding and showing your support for this idea!

I hope this helps and thanks for your support/suggestions.

Suggested posts