Fellow Spotifyers, if you want your old features back FOR GOOD (like Apps, minimize-to-tray, Ctrl-F search, etc etc etc), just follow the steps below to reinstall the previous version of Spotify and permanently block the forced automatic update! You're welcome! ❤️
1. Close Spotify
2. Go to "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"
3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing
4. Create a empty text document, rename it to Spotify_new.exe (if you don't see .txt etc. activate file extension's first).
5. Right click on the Spotify_new.exe and go to the properties, set the attribute Read-only.
6. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
7. Install it.
8. Have fun.
1. Go to your ~/Library folder - you can do this in Finder by doing shift+cmd+g and typing "~/Library" without the quotes and hitting enter
2. Go to Application Support/Spotify
3. Delete Spotify_new.archive and Spotify_new.archive.sig (if they are there)
4. Make two blank text documents and save them as "Spotify_new.archive" and "Spotify_new.archive.sig" - without the quotes, the same file names as the ones you deleted
5. Right click each file and go to "Get Info"
6. Check the "Locked" button on each and close the info window
7. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
8. Have fun