Japanese characters don't get displayed anymore

Country

Japan

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Archlinux

My Question or Issue

I was using Spotify a few hours ago with the interface configured to be displayed in Japanese. I then closed it for a few hours and when I opened it again I noticed that the Japanese characters are not getting displayed anymore.

I installed Spotify via Snap. I installed Slack through the same method and also use Slack in Japanese but I am not having any issue with Slack. I tried to close and open again both Slack and Spotify but nothing changes.

Could it be an update introducing a regression?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I restarted my computer and the Japanese characters are now being correctly displayed again. Maybe it was just a one-time bug; although, I wonder why/how rebooting solved it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I restarted my computer and the Japanese characters are now being correctly displayed again. Maybe it was just a one-time bug; although, I wonder why/how rebooting solved it.

Hello

I have this issue on version 1.2.22.982.g794acc0a installed as Flatpak on OpenSUSE Thumbleweed restart did not helped me and i have same issue on snap version as well.

Screenshot_20231118_195724.png

I dont use flatpak nor OpenSUSE but mine with archlinux Hyprland on xwayland got fixed installing some font packages, I have no idea how openSUSE works. Try googoling it, maybe its not spotify's fault.

Suggested posts