Premium Family

Country

US

Device

Desktop Nvidia 1070 TI, Intel I7, 16 GB Ram

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04 bionic (x86-64)

My Question or Issue

When I attempt to listen to or watch JRE I get an error "Sorry we're not able to play this video." But I don't hear any audio either.

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Joe Rogan Experience JRE doesn't work with Linux

Experiencing the same here. It show the first frame of the video, and I hear like half a second of audio (so all the necessary codecs seem to be available), but then it claims it can't play the video and gives up.

Highlighted

Visitor
Same problem here. Sometimes I hear a second of audio, then it jumps to the next track.
Spotify free on Ubuntu 20.04 (x86-64). Laptop ASUS ROG with Intel i7 and GeForce GTX 1050
Highlighted

I have the same issue.
Highlighted

Visitor

Using Ubuntu 20.04 with Firefox 80.0.1. Linux Spotify app shows as Spotify connect. Doesn't load episodes or able to play them. Switching to Firefox web player also not functional. @Spotify engineers please address this none functionality for paying customers, much appreciated. Thank you.

Highlighted

Visitor

Come on spotify, this have to be fixed. I'm using linux on a Lenovo T490. Not cool. I'm on Premium family too.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm guessing that Spotify doesn't read community messages.  Maybe it is just to talk about cool music.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same here, i get the JRE logo and sometimes half a seocnd of audio, it just skips through the playlist like I'm mashing "next"

Device: Ubuntu 19.10 / nVida GFX / AMD CPU.
Client Version: 1:1.1.10.546.ge08ef575-19

Highlighted

Casual Listener
That’s exactly what I see and a better description than what I provided.
Highlighted

Visitor
Same here (plan: Premium, os: LinuxMint). The desktop app does not play video. The browser version works though.
SUGGESTED POSTS