Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux Client crashing (segfault) on certain songs

Linux Client crashing (segfault) on certain songs

- Kubuntu 15.04 64-bit (Ubuntu KDE) Fresh build, Lenovo T430. Custom or default kernel.
- Premium user.
 -ii  spotify-client                              1:1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51     amd64

- Spotify crashes when loading certain songs, always on the same songs.  For example, when loading the copy of AC/DC Back in Black from the "Workday: Rock Classics" playlist: https://open.spotify.com/track/08mG3Y1vljYA6bvDt4Wqkj (playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3ChGYhKK8R2PM1pb7xNvNp )

- To reproduce: Load the playlist, click "play".  Or double-click on the first song.  My "Starred" playlist crashes on the first song too.  HOWEVER, it's not just "the first song in any playlist", it's specific songs.  If I double-click another song, but am playing the playlist in random or repeat mode, when one of the problem tracks loads, Spotify crashes.

I followed the troubleshooting steps to make sure music plays via asound and other apps fine.

Then I cleared my spotify cache by running "rm -Rf .cache/spotify".

Then I did a purge uninstall (in aptitude) of spotify, and reinstalled it.

Then I tested, and saw crashes still.

I have no problems playing these songs on PS4 or Android clients.

STDOUT and STDERR joined log attached.  I can generate a core file as well, but it's not very useful to me. Also have a webex account if someone wants to view/troubleshoot on my system if it's hard to reproduce.

I work: IT Security. I travel: weekly for work. I am: human. I don't consider you a Social Media Expert until you can find me on freenode.
41 Replies

No, the problem did not return.

But on the other hand I do not play local files with the Spotify client, therefore I never needed to fiddle with the libs.

In order to work I have to delete both .config/spotify and .cache/spotify directories. But after a restart the crash happens again.

Suggested posts