Linux Client crashing (segfault) on certain songs

Re: Linux Client crashing (segfault) on certain songs

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hey @docsmooth,

I don't have any access to the sources, but I am trying to gather as much information as I can to be able to provide it to the team.

I have escalated this, will let you know if I get a response. :)

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

docsmooth
Gig Goer
Thanks, I appreciate it. I pinged the Twitter account and pinged them here, too. We'll see.

I had to plug my phone into my speakers to listen at work, instead of controlling from the computer, because of this.
I work: IT Security. I travel: weekly for work. I am: human. I don't consider you a Social Media Expert until you can find me on freenode.

jaccarmac
Casual Listener

The web client works fine as well, and is, IMO, a better solution. Consider it!

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up, Spotify team is now aware of the issue.

Cheers! 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Spotify
Spotify

Can you check if you can reproduce the crashes with 1.0.16 that was just released?

docsmooth
Gig Goer
Still crashes, apparently in the same place. Do you want me to PM you the core file I generated along with this? ii spotify-client 1:1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e amd64 Spotify streaming music client
I work: IT Security. I travel: weekly for work. I am: human. I don't consider you a Social Media Expert until you can find me on freenode.

docsmooth
Gig Goer
Or, if you have debug symbols (even if it's tar-extration installation), I'll generate you nicer gdb outputs. :)

jaccarmac
Casual Listener

It no longer crashes for me.

docsmooth
Gig Goer
@jooon Still getting crashes with 1:1.0.17.75.g8f111100

I would love to securely send you a corefile, rather than just the backtrace, if you have a place I can upload to (or can give me your email address, I have a secure delivery system, too, but it needs emails).

It's crashing on songs in my personal Starred playlist, in other user's playlists, and 2 weeks ago even in my Discover Weekly playlist. I don't get crashes in Radio or from Album plays... yet. I did clear my whole spotify cache and do a purge uninstall in Ubuntu. This laptop was built fresh in September. Thanks!

docsmooth
Gig Goer
Crashed from the Dream Theatre artist page and from the Misfits Project 1950 album page today, too.
SUGGESTED POSTS