Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Linux] [Debian] Spotify Client 1.0.15: No music hearable

Solved!

[Linux] [Debian] Spotify Client 1.0.15: No music hearable

Hi,

after upgrading from 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc5 [1] to 1.0.15.137.gbdf68615 [2] all seems fine, except a major problem, I don't hear a darn thing 😉

My songs are playing, but I can't hear the music. After downgrading to 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc5 I hear the music again.

I'm using your "testing" Debian repository [3] and my operating system is a Debian Testing.

If I start spotify from a terminal, I can't see a explicit error about a sound issue.

Can you please investigate?

[1]

$ spotify --version 

Spotify version 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51, Coyright (c) 2015, Spotify Ltd

[2]

$ spotify --version
Spotify version 1.0.15.137.gbdf68615, Copyright (c) 2015, Spotify Ltd

[3] deb http://repository.spotify.com testing non-free

26 Replies

1.0.17 is working again for me (Debian, Alsa).

Sorry, is working now!

(Pulseaudio)

@jooon wrote:

Can you try version 1.0.17 that was just released and see if it works. Pulseaudio is not a required dependency. This is just a case of bad programming and testing.

It is working in OpenSuSE Tumbleweed with Alsa and without Pulseaudio, perfectly. 

Fixed it. Thanks!

Hi,

it works for me again with 1.0.17, but due to package dependencies, pulseaudio was installed. So, I can't say if 1.0.17 fixed the Debian with Alsa combination.

1.0.17 is working on Gentoo without pulseaudio.

Thanks!

If you have PulseEffects installed try opening it. Yes, even though it works in the background and you never need to open it just try it, this did it for me.

Also, PulseEffects has a switch for each application using sound, Spotify should be listed and switched on. Mine was on already though so that wasn't the problem but could be for somebody else.

Suggested posts