Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux (Kubuntu) Thumbs-up in radio skips to next track. Desktop only, not mobile.

Linux (Kubuntu) Thumbs-up in radio skips to next track. Desktop only, not mobile.

In the past few weeks, I've been having a problem where when I thumbs-up a track on the radio, it skips to the next track (as if I had thumbs-down'ed the track).  However, when I check my "Liked from Radio" playlist, the track I wanted to Thumbs-Up has been added correctly.

I purged the software (apt-get purge spotify-client), then searched for every "spotify" file and folder on my system and removed those, too.  I reinstalled the software from the repo and re-tested, but the same problem is still happening.  I just now checked on my Android phone, and do NOT see the same behavior, so it's desktop only.

I don't have a Windows box to test from, but could probably install spotify on the mac media server if that'd be useful troubleshooting.  I recently had my account copied from an old facebook-connected account to a new separate name.  I'm unsure if the problem came up then, or came up when I last updated the software.

Anyone else seeing something like this, or know how to get better logging out of the client to see what's going on?

I work: IT Security. I travel: weekly for work. I am: human. I don't consider you a Social Media Expert until you can find me on freenode.
2 Replies

@docsmooth  I get the exact same behavior when using spotify on Ubuntu (Unity) 14.04. There are currently several issues with the radio on Linux. Sometimes when one gives a thumbs up, it'll skip to the next song, like you said. Others have a skip but the next track won't play.  There are also examples of users not being able to use radio at all - for me I always have to try a few times before even getting into the radio view. 

The alternatives are not so many or so good currently: 

1. Wait for the next version. It's been hinted that a new linux version might get published later in the spring. Fingers crossed.
  2. Use wine. Personally I've had poor results from this approach, especially on my pc's running *buntu in any shape and flavor. Others report it to work fully. Might be that my i5 cpu doesn't like it...ymmv.

I only have this issue on my linux machines, not on windows - I run a dualboot at home, pure linux at work. 

If I find out anything to help, I'll post and let you know. 

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

<SOLVED>

unchecking the "Enable hardware acceleration" under Interface section in settings seems to fix the "thumb up bug" but I have no idea why.  

EDIT 2015.03.15

I've started spotify today and the problem is back, checkin and uncheking "Eneble hardware acceleration" does not fix the problem now. So yesterdays fix seems an accidental thing..... we're back were we were. 

Suggested posts