Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Roadie

@jooon

Just tested the new testing version (did not want to mess witht the working version at work, and tested now at home), and the MPRIS2 is really working! Thanks!

The only problem I see now is that in the Cinnamon sound applet, the album cover shows in a really low resolution, but the most important thing is it's working:
http://imgur.com/WL21Cxw

Browsing the Cinnamon github page I also found a workaround for the "missing in the window list" issue.

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/4783#issuecomment-154832951
Just move the Spotify window to another workspace and them move it back if you want (to move, right click the window frame anywhere and select to move).

Maybe knowing this will also help the debugging.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Just as a follow up for @

Guillaume FAURE-DUMONT
Founder of ZikMe: the music collaborative encyclopedia !
www.ZikMe.org
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that

Highlighted

Music Fan

I just updated to the last version (spotify-beta-1.0.27.71-2) but the plasma media player (kde) is still not recognizing spotify. It may be the OpenUri thing which is discussed by @olejon?

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

@Ekaradon wrote:

@I just updated to the last version (spotify-beta-1.0.27.71-2) but the plasma media player (kde) is still not recognizing spotify. It may be the OpenUri thing which is discussed by @olejon?

Nope. durin probably figured it out. See this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/BUG-Spotify-Linux-version-on-KDE/m-p...

The implementation of the org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties interface is still broken in 1.0.27. I have a fix for it, but haven't verified if it works in KDE.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I would happily test it!

Thank you anyway for fixing all this stuff. The integration of Spotify into my desktop environment is really the thing that convinces me to use Spotify and not some random web player. 🙂

Highlighted

Music Fan

As I've got the same problem in KDE (KDE 4 as well as Plasma 5) I would happily test it, too!

Thanks for your effort in improving Linux support!

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

MPRIS GetAll bug is fixed and is verified to work with the media controller in a fresh install of Kubuntu 15.10. It will hopefully be out with 1.0.28.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Great news, thank you jooon!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Agree.This can't be controlled from sound settings on panel like before! Just showing always loading instead of spotify widget. Also I need last.fm at least like before. 

SUGGESTED POSTS